News, news and more news – 2.17

Posted in

1. constructive criticism on June 15, 2009 at 5:43 am

i love your show but 2 things would make it better

1. please don’t yell or shout so much, it hurts my ears and makes it hard to watch and 2. your joking around is great and fun, and a big reason why i watch. but sometimes its nice to be serious too, you have been cracking each other up an awful lot and its not as fun for the viewer not in the room

not mean to be critical, just want to say

• Benjamin Higginbotham on June 15, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Well, it is part of the fabric of the show. When the topic pushes for it we will be serious or soap-boxish. I’ll be frank though, it is hard to take any criticism from someone who hides behind a veil of anonymity. Step out, start a conversation and we’ll get the community involved in creating a better show. If the community cries for similar then that’s what we’ll do, but it is very, very, very hard to take a anonymous face serious.

Just my $0.02.

• Nick Mancini on June 15, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Don’t listen to them Ben. You guys are doing a great job. It’s cool to have humor in the show. Especially when it comes from people who are passionate about space flight and technology like you and your wife.

• Ryan on June 22, 2009 at 10:15 am

I love the show, and like that “anonymous” guy, I don’t suppose you guys can find a way to equalize the volume level. I like to watch the show before I go to bed. It’s relaxing and helps me get to sleep.

Keep up the good work though. The show is always full of fascinating news. Most of it I’d never be able to find on my own, while scouring the internet. So thanks for bringing us this show you two.

• cariann on June 22, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Thanks Ryan!
          We do work on getting the volume at a “regular” level… So, I’m sorry that it goes a little haywire sometimes. Just some kinks we still need to tweak, but I promise you we are actively working on it!
          -Cariann

• Benjamin Higginbotham on June 22, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Helps you sleep?

2. Rick Boozer on June 16, 2009 at 12:41 pm

The Orlando Sentinel reports that yet another NASA funded study has issued a report saying that existing rockets can replace Aries I and save billions. http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_space_thewritestuff/2009/06/unreleased-nasaordered-study-eelv-is-cheaper-than-ares-i.html

As the above article says:
    The report comes just days before ULA is expected to make a no-holds barred presentation about its claims for the Delta IV and Atlas V rockets as Constellation alternatives to the White House-appointed committee reviewing NASA’s human space flight plans.

ULA is a partnership corporation formed by Lockheed-Martin and Boeing (the original manufacturers of Delta and Atlas). The above mentioned committee being the Augustine panel, of course.

3. Rick Boozer on June 17, 2009 at 5:32 pm