LAUNCH: Water – 3.09

Sean Herron of NASA Internship fame is on to talk about the upcoming LAUNCH: Water conference, why it is important to you, and how you want watch it online.

In space news we chat about the Falcon 9 test firing that didn’t quite go as planned, FY2011 budget is still in flux and testing to see if we can extend the ISS to 2028.

• sgboy00 says:

the moon landing was faked. it was done at my friends backyard.

• numi1337 says:

The ISS-spartners don’t have a high enough budget to run the Iss on their own, even if they would wan’t to spend more money for it, it is impossible tu run the ISS without the US…
    I think, Ben is absolutely right that the Shuttle isn’t safe enough and this should be the main reason for retirering it, not just the costs.
    And yipee! The show will be at 4am instead of 3am in the mornig^^

• KKM121 says:

I need some opinions from space geeks. Sorry for going off topic.

Im attending a presentation by Gene Cernan (the last man to set foot on the moon) in about a week. If I get a chance to ask him a question, what should I ask?????

Thanks!!

• KKM121 says:

I need some opinions from space geeks. Sorry for going off topic.

Thanks!!

• slack7639 says:

Just the first one, or all of them?

• shobhitg says:

Hi,
    I am both a firefox geek and a space fan. And regular watcher of spacevid videos on youtube.

But honestly, I never liked the persona feature of firefox. I don’t even understand why Firefrox is pushing is so hard to everyone who does an upgrade…

It makes text on bookmark folder difficult to read.

And btw, a good browser doesn’t/shouldn’t draw your attention towards itself (rather than the content).

• spacevidcast says:

Well I’m not saying without the US, but I am saying that the US pulling the majority of the weight isn’t right anymore. If our spartners want to extend the ISS life, that is fine. But they should also put up more money to help out.

• numi1337 says:

As far as I know the ESA Budget is for 2010 is 3744 million euro (5127 million USD). The NASA Budget is about 18.7 billion USD. So ESA can’t really spend more money on the ISS because they just don’t have it and the european governments aren’t very interested in space and I don’t think that this will change in the next years.

• Porkchop says:

Love the fadeouts at the end of the postshow!