Spacevidcast 2.28 – NASA clocks argument, STS-128 and space evangelism

By August 28, 2009 Live Shows, Video 12 Comments

Cariann and Benjamin get in to a bit of a debate about the need for NASA to have a T- and L- clock, we chat about the (hopefully) upcoming STS-128 launch and using that launch as a way to evangelize human space flight to others

• optiquest21 says:

[..YouTube..] Copyright issue!

• KaiYves (Go Discovery!) says:

I think both clocks are needed.

The Colbert video was very respectful and polite. I think this saga got resolved in the best way possible. Everybody wins!

August/Augustine- not that funny.

It use to be white- VERY funny.

• MingerOne says:

Wow.I saw my first spacevidcast “Live” show on You Tube about a week ago,whilst searching for info on STS-128.I’ve now obsessively spent the last 2 days watching all your live shows archive from ep1 series 1 all the way to series 2 ep28. I consider myself hooked and a new fan.I watched Discovery land on Spacevidcast.com as I was hoping to see my first LIVE “LIVE” show but it was cancelled? Or do I need to see it on Ustream?Will there be a show this thur/fri 17sep or will it be at a different time?Also I couldn’t get the link to the NGLLC to work or was this just meant to bedirections for meople wanting to attend in the states? I’m from the UK by the way-I would love to be flash enough to jump on a plane,or better yet build my own trans-atlantic lunar lander and just drop in,now that would have been cool,just to claim all three prize levels and just act dead nonchalent like I didn’t realise there was a competition on and I travelled that way all the time,but alas….I can dream.
    So yea,back in the real world love tour show and I hope to catch your show ,especially how I’m no longer a Twitter virgin.Best Wishes,Chris(topher) Whitlock aka mingerone aka mungo123 [don't ask!]also @ mba97cjw@hotmail.com

• frag971 says:

[..YouTube..] Now it works, thanks alot! this is realy an epicsode :)

• NIK4EVA says:

[..YouTube..] Nice episode!
    Missed it live :(

• frag971 says:

Now it works, thanks alot! this is realy an epicsode :)

• NIK4EVA says:

Nice episode!
    Missed it live :(

• Keep the L-Clock – makes it easier for the general public.
    The T-Clock should be converted to sth. indicating the progress of launch:
    “Launch progress: 3/14: checking instruments”
    Informed people then will know what this means for the time window.
    Maybe you can also add a +- time to the L-Clock:
    “L-4h;+-1h”
    or
    “L-3h;+<=2h”

Anyhow T-Clock conofuses me but is probably essential for NASA and they got used to it so they are not going to replace it…^^

• [..YouTube..] Keep the L-Clock – makes it easier for the general public.
    The T-Clock should be converted to sth. indicating the progress of launch:
    “Launch progress: 3/14: checking instruments”
    Informed people then will know what this means for the time window.
    Maybe you can also add a +- time to the L-Clock:
    “L-4h;+-1h”
    or
    “L-3h;+<=2h”

• chris says:

Wow.I saw my first spacevidcast “Live” show on You Tube about a week ago,whilst searching for info on STS-128.I've now obsessively spent the last 2 days watching all your live shows archive from ep1 series 1 all the way to series 2 ep28. I consider myself hooked and a new fan.I watched Discovery land on Spacevidcast.com as I was hoping to see my first LIVE “LIVE” show but it was cancelled? Or do I need to see it on Ustream?Will there be a show this thur/fri 17sep or will it be at a different time?Also I couldn't get the link to the NGLLC to work or was this just meant to bedirections for meople wanting to attend in the states? I'm from the UK by the way-I would love to be flash enough to jump on a plane,or better yet build my own trans-atlantic lunar lander and just drop in,now that would have been cool,just to claim all three prize levels and just act dead nonchalent like I didn't realise there was a competition on and I travelled that way all the time,but alas….I can dream.
    So yea,back in the real world love tour show and I hope to catch your show ,especially how I'm no longer a Twitter virgin.Best Wishes,Chris(topher) Whitlock aka mingerone aka mungo123 [don't ask!]also @ mba97cjw@hotmail.com

• MingerOne says: